Is a report of recent occurences; information of something that has lately taken place, or of something before unknown ; recent information about specific and timely events.
- Information about recent events or happening, especially as reported by newspaper,periodical,radio or television.
- To inform read or listener or viewer about events of the day which are considered news worth or important.
1. News worthy event :
- Recount the event in summary form.
2. Background event
- Elaborate what happened, to whom i waht circumstances.
3. Source :
- Comments by participants in witness and authorities expert on the event.
4. Form :
- Using simple present & past tense
( but generally prefers simple present tense )
- Short , brief information about story captured in head line.
- Use material process to retell the event.
- Using saying verb like say,tell,inform.
- Focus on circumstances.
- Use of projecting verbal process in sourcce stager.
- Using action verbs, like,escape,go,run.
Example ( a brief sentence cut of some news item ) :
1. His familiy has had no news of his wherebout for months.
2.The job requirements weren news to him.
3.The news of the famous actor's death was greatly exaggerated.